HOW CAN COUNSELLING HELP?
Everyone will experience emotional difficulties or issues at some time in their lives. This could involve feeling confused, overwhelmed or that life is out of control. Counselling offers you the time, space and opportunity to explore your thoughts and feelings surrounding these difficulties in a safe and supported environment. This enables you to to gain more clarity and understanding about your situation, which in turn brings about more personal awareness. Increased awareness can help you to feel more empowered, so that you can make informed choices on ways of moving forward in your life. I believe that everyone has the innate ability within themselves to heal and grow and to reach their full potential in life.
Aims of Counselling:-
- Look beyond the presenting issues to possible underlying causes.
- Identify what might be stopping you from reaching your full potential.
- Help you understand yourself better and to accept yourself.
- Change behaviour to that which is more productive for you.
- Encourage you to use your inner resources to become more self-sufficient.
- To increase confidence and self-esteem.
- To develop coping strategies, in order to be able to deal with stressful situations or times of crisis more effectively.